Animals and Exhibits
Bernice, the Sulcata tortoise
Visit us and...
- Hike over 9 miles of trail
- Watch wild birds at the feeders
- Observe honey bees in our observation beehive
- See live native and exotic animals
- Learn about the native habitats of the Chemung Valley
- Shop in the Nuthatch Gift Shop
- Have fun and enjoy nature!
The Nature Center houses over 45 species of live animals, interactive exhibits, taxidermy mounts of native wildlife, spectacular views and more!
Meet some of our animals....
Sophie, Great-horned owl Hank the Red-tailed hawk
Sophie and Hank can be viewed year-round in their outdoor enclosures
(unless they are out for a program)
In the Museum you can see a variety of reptiles, arthropods, amphibians and mammals.
Here are just a few!
Ball python Madagascar hissing cockroaches Grey treefrog
We have several animals that are part of our teaching collection and are not regularly on exhibit. Some may be out only during mild weather. You might meet some of them during our Saturday Fun with Nature programs or out at community events.
Lucy, Barred owl Sugar